Asking why does feminism scares me a bit.

I understand the desire to be more capable of getting what a person or people want or need especially when there is an opposing force known as the patriarchy.   What rankles me is how things have changed and it is now men who are faced with serious challenges that are not met with the kind of compassion I would like to see.  I always say we are in it together, that there should be no war between the sexes.   But now it is like the men who come home from the war and the men who have no jobs and the men who have been duped by technology.   I just can't find the tears for women in these times like the past.  I feel that the ideas of the seventies are likely very out dated, and if there is to be any movement then somehow the men who are suffering need to be given some attention even if they are a tough bunch to help.   Just the idea makes me smile.